Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weekend 3: Bloemfontein Cheetah Park





5/24 After escaping Universitas, Wieda and Marcè took me to the Cheetah park and it was absolutely wonderful! I could tell the Cheetah Experience was heavily focused on conservancy and saving endangered animals. The park even hosted some wild cats that looked a lot like house cats, but the tour guide said that people will pay R2000 just to shoot one for sport. She didn't appreciate my humor when I suggested that people just shoot city cats as they are free and abundant. I think my chances for volunteering have diminished. Regardless, I can now check petting a Cheetah off my bucketlist. Later in the evening I went to a braai thanks to the invite of Aldinè, another dietetics student. We had a lot of fun with many other students from the department, and it was the most wonderful thing to see the sense of community and friendship among those ladies. Not to mention I got to play with Aldinè's little toy pom puppy and I got to try some new Afrikaans foods like boerewors, sheep chops, mielie bread, and pumpkin tart.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment